- We don’t intend to share your private info
- We collect some of it for analytics purposes and to make the site operate properly but that stuff’s anonymous; we might publish that anon data in a report on site usage but it’s still anon
- We set cookies to make the site work and to stop you from seeing those ‘sign up’ notices when you’ve already signed up
- If you want to be a site member you’re going to have to share some data with us but we’ll do our best to protect it
- If you want to join the mailing list we’ll share the data you give us with our mailing list provider, and you can opt out any time
- Check the Terms and Conditions for details on what you as a user agree to when using this site
- We can’t guarantee anything about sites we link to, though we’ll do our best to avoid linking to anything dangerous or malicious
- We’ll try not to disclose your data to anyone at all, but if we’re forced to by the police or the government, we might have to
Like most website operators, we collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Our purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how our visitors use this website. From time to time, we may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
We also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on http://tanumathews.com blog posts. We only disclose logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that we use and disclose personally-identifying information as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to this website choose to interact with it in ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that we gather depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for a site membership at http://tanumathews.com to provide a username and email address.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links To External Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites, products or services.
We may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. We may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, we do not disclose your personally-identifying information.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, we use “Cookies”, similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.
Compliance with Law Enforcement
We will do everything we can to avoid disclosing user information to any third party, however we cannot guarantee that we will not disclose user information if forced to by legal means.